Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Running Themes

With the onset of June, my facebook newsfeed has been sprinkled hither and tither of wedding announcements and engagement plans, and photos and links of all things in the celebration of love.

I myself, unlike most other young girls, never had dreams of "my perfect wedding," or anything of that sort. Instead of Malibu Beach Barbie, I played librarian and teacher Barbie (yes, I had to make them up on my own). Either that or I'd throw stuff into the street to watch cars run them over, because I was a little asshole as a child.

So, I wasn't exactly the most graceful kid growing up, and I recognized that. From what I remember, I never really flirted with the idea of a dream wedding, falling in love, or all that other gross romantic icky stuff.

Now that I'm older, I'm still not very graceful, I'm kind of immature, and possibly kind of bitter. So, I still don't see marriage in my future, though for different reasons other than merely scoffing at love. However! I have been thinking of my dream wedding as of late, because now that I'm a grown up, I can make my own decisions of what that means, and I have the ability to imagine having a wedding, but not getting married.

Is it weird that mine has zombies in it?


The drawing could have been better, but I ran out of space and I started drinking.

2 comments: