Thursday, May 27, 2010

I smile more when I feel like I belong

I was on my way to my internship via subway in Korea one summer and this 60-year old man decided he wanted to hit on me. He came over and told me he would give me his name card and after I rejected him I texted my mom to tell her what happened. Her reply: “psycho like that need to get their penis thin sliced. mommy good at cooking and chopping, i do it for you. take his name card.”

-My Mom is a Fob

Okay, so I'm incredibly white washed. Compact that with the fact that I've been living in Utah for the last 3 years, and I'd forgotten that there were other people like myself with parents that barely speak English, can intimidate the fuck out of you, and entertain you with their idiosyncratic syntax.

Discovering this makes me wanna call my mother and have dinner with her.

She's sent me just one text message since getting an iPhone, which was completely illegible, so she opts to send pictures of her dog to me instead. But here's a post it that she left for me one morning when I was still living at home. Heh heh.


No comments:

Post a Comment